Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Spot

Living in the country, in a smallish community--at least compared to b-i-g communities--it's easier to identify your spot. 

On my spot, I'm allowed to grow tomatoes.  And anything else I want, if it's legal of course. 

I know people who aren't allowed to grow tomatoes in their spot they paid for.  Interesting.

Soon I'll be brewing homemade pasta sauce in my spot and saving some for winter so I can still get a taste of fresh tomatoes.  It's a simple and wonderful treat for yourself.  It makes me feel good to know I made it myself from my own garden. 

But today I'm waiting for more red tomatoes and thinking of the story I might write about spots like mine all over the world.  Small communities.  What will happen at some future time...maybe sooner than later...when people in these small community spots can take care of themselves much better than people who can't do it in their spots that they paid for.  

Think of the things you can do if...
   ... if you lose your electricity.
   ... or your gas and fuel.
   ... if stores run out of food.
   ... if there's no fresh water
   ... if the banks closed

So many other things that could  happen.  That's what my story idea is. 

First, though, I have to finish some other writing projects, but I'm thinking of thise idea a lot.  And I'm asking other people how they will deal with emergecies like the above in their spots.  What would you do in your spot?

.






No comments:

Post a Comment